Author Topic: Do anybody here build robots on commission?  (Read 1363 times)

Offline robotn00bTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Do anybody here build robots on commission?
« on: October 29, 2011, 10:53:24 PM »
Hi there,

Forgive me if this is not the right forum to ask this question. But I am actually looking to have a reasonably simple robot created on commission. The robot essentially just needs to be able to play a drumstick at a given velocity, a given amount of times - with a given amount of seconds between each hit. The robot cannot make any noises while hitting, since it is intended for scientific recording purposes, so in essence it needs to be almost silent.

Let me know if you are interested in building this and send me PM. I will gladly pay whatever it takes to have this built.

Thank you.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Do anybody here build robots on commission?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 06:32:50 AM »
Hi,

To let people know whether they'd be up for it or not, please be more specific in what you need it to do.

[...] The robot essentially just needs to be able to play a drumstick
Please define what you mean by play. Is it just whipping straight down and up, or like in real drumming, where angle of attack (in more than one direction) changes for different "sounds" as well as the "compliance" of each beat?

at a given velocity, a given amount of times - with a given amount of seconds between each hit.
Range of velocity?
Range of beats per session?
Range of inter beat pauses?

The robot cannot make any noises while hitting, since it is intended for scientific recording purposes, so in essence it needs to be almost silent.
I assume you mean "mechanical noise in itself", as it would be hard hitting anything and not making a sound ;)
What about electrical noise - if that matter for your recordings, you need to specify a maximum tolerated level.

What power supply is available?

Let me know if you are interested in building this and send me PM.
Giving the specs here in the open first, will help people to decide whether they'd be interested/able to build it.

I will gladly pay whatever it takes to have this built.
Then I'd suggest a local business, where you'd be able to talk to them face to face about all the details (make a spec sheet to bring along).
Getting it built somewhere else will mean less control and shipping fees on top.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

data_list