go away spammer

Author Topic: Noob: Help wth connecting MC33887 dual motor driver to Arduino  (Read 3092 times)

Offline starscorchedTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Hello

Im in the process of building my 1st robot with an arduino mega (coming in soon). Would be extremely grateful if someone could guide me, as i am not well versed with electronics and stuff.

My initial plan is build a simple differential drive robot running on two 12V motors and then move on to four motors.

Two of these motors are coming in from ebay and all i know bout them is that they are 300rpm and 5W. So im guessing power is approx 0.5A (stall??). I have also ordered a Polulu Dual MC33887 Motor Driver Carrier > http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/712

My 1st question is, how do i connect the motor driver to the mega?  A simple wiring diagram or something similar would be quite helpful!

The 2nd questiong is regarding power, and this is where im very hesitant. I've been reading the battery section on the site, so have narrowed it down. Would it be advisable to power the motors with two regular 9v block batteries in parallel to deliver more amps, or perhaps a single 11.1v li-po battery?

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:46:46 PM by starscorched »

Offline starscorchedTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Re: Noob: Help wth connecting MC33887 dual motor driver to Arduino
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 01:37:14 AM »
Figured it out, thanks to Ben in Polulu!!   :)

Hope its of use to someone!

Get Your Ad Here