go away spammer

Author Topic: wire connector  (Read 2571 times)

Offline vschingTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
wire connector
« on: June 19, 2009, 07:33:25 AM »
Hmm, i am trying to find a connector or crimp for connecting my photoresistor to the axon header pins. I check the wire connector tutorial, however , i can't get the molex connector and pins as mention. is there any other way or types of connector for plug and play of the wire to the pin headers?

I am staying at Perth, the local shop here is JAYCAR.COM.AU. They provide a lists of crimp connectors but i get confused. Can someone help me to sort this problem out? Thanks

Offline awally88

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
Re: wire connector
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 08:12:26 AM »
I'm pretty sure Jaycar don't sell them, I was looking for some a while ago and couldn't find any locally (Adelaide). I think the best bet it to order from the net somewhere. Have a look around around in little hobby shops, they can have some random stuff there too. Go ask at Jaycar, they will probably know where to go for the best parts in Perth if they don't have what you're looking for.

Offline vschingTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 02:17:11 AM »
Thanks, btw, anyone knows which website got sell the pins and the molex connector used in the tutorial?

Offline Miles

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 05:58:38 AM »
servocity.com sells the plugs. I buy mine from my local hobby shop in Hobart. They cost about $2.95 each which is pretty expensive but they are worth it the long term and they look nice. The ones i buy are Hitec brand designed for making custom servo wires and extenders. With a quick look at my jaycar magazine i can see some crimpers that would do the job, the code number is TH-1834 and they cost $19.95

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 10:02:04 AM »
Hi,

I am staying at Perth,
I know a guy in Perth who could most likely help you out. If you email me (w. your snail mail addy), I'll try hooking you up.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here

data_list