go away spammer

Author Topic: 50$ robot (Almost done!!)  (Read 3243 times)

Offline SciOlyStudentTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
50$ robot (Almost done!!)
« on: December 04, 2007, 04:56:43 PM »
I have just programmed my microcontroller and the program said program successful, but I thought the LED was supposed to turn on... If my batteries ran out during the program I have to redo it right?  And by the way, Admin, I used the dongle programmer and it took less than a minute to program... I would have to guess it would be the serial to usb connection that slowed you up...

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
Re: 50$ robot (Almost done!!)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 05:39:10 PM »
do a search on the forums, this question has been asked several times already :)
United States Marine Corps
Infantry
Returns to society: 2014JAN11

Offline SciOlyStudentTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 08:12:07 PM »
Ok, another problem that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to but feel that I should ask... When I modified my servos, I turned the pot until the gears stopped moving and them glued them in place, but after the glue dried, both servos were slightly off (they still rotated when told to go 0)... All this means is my servo speeds will be off right?

Offline bukowski

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 08:32:55 PM »
Airman00:
its fine the way you did it

now you'll have to experiment to find how much off you are from the pulse

For example : its supposed to be 150 ( lets say) and now on your servo its 156. Play around to find the pulses for forward , backward , stop ( brake - which is the 0 degree thing you speak of)

Youll see the servo speeds in the code for the $50 robot. Just figure out what speed sets the servo to zero,  then offset the rest.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 02:44:35 PM »
And by the way, Admin, I used the dongle programmer and it took less than a minute to program... I would have to guess it would be the serial to usb connection that slowed you up...
interesting . . . someone had suggested this before too, but no one had actually tried to verify it . . . thanks!

Get Your Ad Here