Electronics > Electronics

need help finding a I/O board to run from PC via serial(or even usb)

(1/2) > >>

Robotboy86:
I can't seem to find a decent I/O board that will report to the PC and take commands.. nothing fancy, just say 8 inputs of analog/digital and even a PWM controller would be nice to have.  Something controllable by serial..

Anyone know of anything?

Thanks

nanob0t:
Well, I started on a BASIC Atom Pro chip. 

http://www.basicmicro.com/Category.aspx?CategoryID=2

Then, I purchased a 'Bot board'.

http://www.lynxmotion.com/Product.aspx?productID=252&CategoryID=66

This allows you to plug in your chip, and has many I/O pins.   You can use the PWM pin on the Atom for your uses.

Just an idea.  It worked great for me when I started.  I now make my own boards with support electronics.  You probably don't want to get into that.  It's enough hassle as it is, and my dad doesn't appreciate the billions of questions either.

Robotboy86:
Great stuff :) So I plug in the basicATOM Pro 24-M into the mini-atom bot board and then just program the basicatom chip?  Awesome!

In your experience, can I have it report back the up-to-date status on all the IO's and PWMS at a relatively quick rate?  I am looking to make a balance bot and need pretty accurate readings at a fast rate..  IE a few times a second? say 50hz or more??

Thanks

nanob0t:

--- Quote from: Robotboy86 on July 05, 2007, 06:25:48 PM ---Great stuff :) So I plug in the basicATOM Pro 24-M into the mini-atom bot board and then just program the basicatom chip?  Awesome!

In your experience, can I have it report back the up-to-date status on all the IO's and PWMS at a relatively quick rate?  I am looking to make a balance bot and need pretty accurate readings at a fast rate..  IE a few times a second? say 50hz or more??

Thanks

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah.  I had it testing IRPDs and I made an A/D converter specifically for IRPD except it outputted a custom bit signal.   It's pretty nice for many applications.  The only issue is it's programmed in BASIC, and when you get into bigger applications, it lacks.   BASIC is a limited language, but it's very useful if you're not planning on getting too big.  And the chip should be compatable with anything you throw on it.

In terms of the rate it Inputs.  I don't know.  I used an IRPD, which pulse every amount of time.  I'm sure you could program it.

Robotboy86:
Oh my friend I am the god of basic programming :P

I have written a MILLION basic rpg's :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version