General Misc > Misc

Im new at robotics and need HELP.

<< < (2/2)

Admin:
Need money to fund your bot? Read this . . .
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotfunding.shtml

The really nice sensors cost maybe $10-$30 . . . effective sensors cost under a dollar. Motors you can scrap from old electronics/toys. The chassis you can scrap just about anything to use - including cereal boxes and lunch containers. The most expensive part of a low cost robot is the microcontroller - and you already have that for free!

Tell us what you know already about the microcontroller you have, and we can tell you which way to go.

Just know that most robots can be built for just under $100 . . . if you work $6/hr for just two full days (8 hour work day), you can make $96 easily.  :P

itln:
I have a basic stamp 2 controller.  ;D. It allready has a programmer. Where can I get bump sensors. Id also like to have it go outside and tell me the temp in the morning. Anyone know how or what I need and how to put it all together.

Handmixer.com:
For your bumb sensors, I would advise using the miniature switches from inside a computer mouse. You can add levers to it or even a cats whisker type thing, which would just be a bit of wire that, when brushed, knocks against the switch plunger. I suggest looking at junkyards for materials and components, you can get just about everything you need, for a pittance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version