go away spammer

Author Topic: robot with remote camera system  (Read 3831 times)

Offline dmehlingTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
robot with remote camera system
« on: June 13, 2007, 04:25:18 PM »
I am planning to build a robot that has a video camera attached so I can actually see where the robot is going while I remotely control it.  I'm having trouble figuring out what kind of camera to use for a remote application like this.  I am needing something with long-range coverage at least greater than 1000 feet, and preferably greater than 2000. I was thinking about using a web cam, since I will be controlling things from my computer, but I'm not sure how to integrate it with a wireless network, especially with this kind of range.

Offline Nyx

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
Re: robot with remote camera system
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 04:58:20 PM »
You could just buy one of these wireless cams on ebay and get a signal amplifier and a better antenna on both ends to boost the range... Cheap, and even if these is noise, you will still have a working system.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 05:09:25 AM »
i recently heard a good recommendation about this camera:
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=616

i also heard not to get the X10 cam (something about them selling your email to spammers)

Offline Dosbomber

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 12:31:02 PM »
i also heard not to get the X10 cam (something about them selling your email to spammers)

Given the amount of spam X-10 themselves sends out to their unfortunate customers, this news does not surprise me in the least.

Dosbomber

Offline Steve Joblin

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
    • Roebotz
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 06:51:50 PM »
I purchased one of those small "spy" wireless cameras on ebay (something like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/SM-WIRELESS-CAMERA-KIT-RC-CAR-HELICOPTER-PLANE-A-VIDEO_W0QQitemZ170123225383QQihZ007QQcategoryZ34056QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)... just go to ebay and search on "wireless camera"... keep your watch on prices for a few days and you will find a good price for one... as far as quality, it is fair at best.

Steve

Get Your Ad Here

data_list