go away spammer

Author Topic: FREE! STM is giving away their discovery F3 kit.  (Read 3533 times)

Offline strideraTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
  • Software Engineer, Author, Hacker.
FREE! STM is giving away their discovery F3 kit.
« on: November 30, 2012, 04:55:02 PM »
More information here:  Discovery kit for STM32 F3 series - with STM32F303 MCU

From the page:
Description
The STM32F3DISCOVERY helps you to discover the STM32 F3 series Cortex-M4 mixed-signals features and to develop your applications easily. It includes everything required for beginners and experienced users to get started quickly.

Based on the STM32F303VCT6, it includes an ST-LINK/V2 embedded debug tool, accelerometer, gyroscope and e-compass ST MEMs, USB connection, LEDs and pushbuttons.

A large number of free ready-to-run application firmware examples are available on www.st.com/stm32f3discovery to support quick evaluation and development.

Key Features
    STM32F303VCT6 microcontroller featuring 256 KB Flash, 48 KB RAM in an LQFP100 package
    On-board ST-LINK/V2 with selection mode switch to use the kit as a standalone ST-LINK/V2 (with SWD connector for programming and debugging)
    Board power supply: through USB bus or from an external 3 V or 5 V supply voltage
    External application power supply: 3 V and 5 V
    L3GD20, ST MEMs motion sensor, 3-axis digital output gyroscope
    LSM303DLHC, ST MEMs system-in-package featuring a 3D digital linear acceleration sensor and a 3D digital magnetic sensor
    Ten LEDs:
        LD1 (red) for 3.3 V power on
        LD2 (red/green) for USB communication
        Eight user LEDS, LD3/10 (red), LD4/9 (blue), LD5/8 (orange) and LD6/7 (green)
    Two pushbuttons (user and reset)
    USB USER with Mini-B connector
    Extension header for all LQFP100 I/Os for quick connection to prototyping board and easy probing

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Free?? - US$10.90 ain't free in my book!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 09:57:07 PM »
$10.90 and then there's shipping.

Perhaps it was the...
A large number of free ready-to-run application firmware examples are available on www.st.com/stm32f3discovery to support quick evaluation and development.
you were thinking of?
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Helpful? 0
Re: FREE! STM is giving away their discovery F3 kit.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 02:07:42 AM »
Nope.  Free as in they'll send you a free kit.  I got the link from reddit and according to the comments there, it doesn't seem to be available in Europe.  (Sorry)

I was able to successfully get a free copy as were others.

I guess outside North America, the free button isn't there for you?

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »
Ahaa, OK, I tried a few anonymizers (they allow me to see the US prices on LEGO, which is about a third of prices here in DK where it's from :( LEGO is cheaper everywhere but DK, but without proxying, they hide that fact).
No luck on getting the "Free button" though.

Well, it's not that I am short of boards, but I'm always curious of new promising controller/processor boards ;D

Out of curiosity, did you have to pay shipping charges?
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 04:20:05 AM »
I didn't pay anything.  Haven't received the board yet or anything other than the confirmation email, but I suspect it's all covered.

Offline Inigo Montoya

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 01:58:40 PM »
I got my board a few weeks ago and it came as advertised....  completely free, not even shipping charges. 

Get Your Ad Here

data_list