Software > Software

Microsoft Robotics studio?

<< < (4/4)

JDeschambault:
So Does this Program make it possible to set up an older laptop as my robotic Brains? and if not What could i use to Program it and how?

hgordon:
MSRS is resource intensive, especially if you are running the simulator.  It did not run well for me on an older laptop with limited memory, so I had to buy another laptop.  Also, I think you need XP with at least Service Pack 2.

Admin:
Gordon, at the ICRA conference I went to they did this panel debating the MSRS rationale . . . anyway microsuck showed this MSRS promotional video and for about 5 seconds they had your robot in it (but they didnt say it was your robot, I just recognized it).

The general concensus of the panel was that its not the one size fits all solution for robotics that microsuck claims . . . they argued that robotics will follow the personal electronics market and not the PC market, in terms of software.

Oh and I never ended up using MSRS because the install file failed 4 times throughout the installation process :-\
Maybe Ill try again after its out of beta . . .

hgordon:
I know - I've looked at the MSRS code that controls our robot and would not be able to explain how it works (someone else wrote those drivers).  As I mentioned above, their framework might make sense to someone who is familiar with Microsoft architectures, but that's not my world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version