Author Topic: How do I sell my 35 dollar programmer?  (Read 2616 times)

Offline garriwilsonTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
How do I sell my 35 dollar programmer?
« on: November 15, 2007, 11:12:22 PM »
Hello guys! I am trying to sell my AVRISP mkII programmer I used for my $50 robot. The reason is to save up money for another project that is R/C.

If you don't recommend selling it because I could use it in the future, then I have an anwser: I am not really into AUTONOMOUS robots. I am pretty sure I won't get into sophisticated robotics so even if I need a programmer I could get the cheap one.

I only used it once, it's in perfect condition. My price is $30. Where could I sell it? I searched on ebay, apparently nobody sells these there so I'm not going to. My feedback is like 0 anyways so...

Thanks!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: How do I sell my 35 dollar programmer?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 11:11:54 AM »
What about semi-autonomous or teleoperational robots?

For example, a remote controlled biped/hexapod or internet controlled robot requires a microcontroller . . .

(admin's last ditch effort to save you from robot hell :P)

Offline garriwilsonTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 06:50:14 PM »
I could still get the cheap one, can't I? For the internet controlled. That sounds interesting, I might do something with that.  :P

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 11:12:06 PM »
The only thing the controller does is take code from the computer and put it on the MCU. It has nothing to do with autonomous operation. It could do whatever you want it to do. The problem with the cheap one is that its unreliable and difficult to manage (from what ive heard). I highly recommend you keep it. I guarantee you will regret selling it...

Its only helpful when programming the AVRs... which IMO are awesome little devices.
United States Marine Corps
Infantry
Returns to society: 2014JAN11

Offline Rebelgium

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • It's called the future ... We like it here
    • orgcrime.net
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 05:40:32 PM »
An object like this one is always hard to sell, you'll have to have patience to sell it on ebay. Ebay is not the ideal system for these kind of objects, here in belgium we have several other similar sites like ebay, but with other systems... eg. a permanent advertisement for your item (untill it has sold ofcourse), you should look for a site like this one.

btw: nice try advertising for your item here on the forum full of potential customers ...
To relax after some hard work on robotics: A very fun free online text based MMORPG
orgcrime.net

Get Your Ad Here