Author Topic: competition  (Read 2107 times)

Offline gaurav.pTopic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Go robotics
competition
« on: June 19, 2009, 01:27:47 PM »
well thr is a competition where one has to mak a socially useful robot can anyone suggest me with any ideas?
i even wnt to ask tat where can i learn to program fr the 50$ robot with other algorithm ?
and can i use dc motors .if yes,how can i connect it as it has only + and - wire?

regards,
GAURAV PARIDA
Big Things Come In Small Packages!!!

Offline Trumpkin

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
Re: competition
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 04:48:31 PM »
i even wnt to ask tat where can i learn to program fr the 50$ robot with other algorithm ?
Do you mean you want to learn how to program the $50 robot? If so Google "C tutorial", and/or look at the code that Admin has already written.
and can i use dc motors .if yes,how can i connect it as it has only + and - wire?
To do that you need something called an H-Bridge, you can either make your own: http://www.societyofrobots.com/schematics_h-bridgedes.shtml or you can just buy a chip that will do pretty much the same thing, like this: http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=315 (there are other chips you can buy). To decide which H-bridge to buy (or make) you first need to know how much current your motor will draw.
Robots are awesome!

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 10:11:12 AM »
Hi,

well thr is a competition where one has to mak a socially useful robot can anyone suggest me with any ideas?
A spelling robot would be socially usefull, me thinks ;)
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Trumpkin

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 10:29:35 AM »
A spelling robot would be socially usefull, me thinks
Ahem, useful  ;D
Robots are awesome!

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »
Hi,

It's Saturday and it's my duty to kill those bottles of scotch, so my spelling robot got too much "oil" it seems - or was it my keyboard ;D
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here