Author Topic: build simple robot used transistor  (Read 2771 times)

Offline alaterlightTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
build simple robot used transistor
« on: January 31, 2012, 03:17:32 AM »
build a simple robot does not use microcontrollers. mainly used transistor. help me

Offline billhowl

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 32
  • Your success is in your hands.
Re: build simple robot used transistor
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 05:08:34 AM »
Have you find this...

Line follower, obstacle avoider, photovore and photophobe in $40
http://www.societyofrobots.com/member_tutorials/node/59

If you do not want to use L293D motor driver, you can replace it with transistors H-bridge like this
http://www.robotroom.com/BipolarHBridge.html

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 03:48:52 AM »
Have you find this...

Line follower, obstacle avoider, photovore and photophobe in $40
http://www.societyofrobots.com/member_tutorials/node/59

If you do not want to use L293D motor driver, you can replace it with transistors H-bridge like this
http://www.robotroom.com/BipolarHBridge.html
no microcontroller use L293D. single transistor used. you can make H-bridge controller is smooth ,but how do other

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 07:14:30 AM »
no microcontroller use L293D
I'm not sure what You ask, but i will try to guess. Robot that billhowl linked You to does not use microcontroller. L293D is not uC - it is a motor driver, you either use that or use H-bridge consisting of at least 4 transistors.

single transistor used.
That won't happen  ;D

you can make H-bridge controller is smooth
Smooth H-bridge driving (or have You meant smooth motor control) requires PWM which in turn requires uC or something like 555 Timer in astable mode and a lot (and I mean A LOT) of hand tuning.

,but how do other
Sorry, do what now?  ;D

NOTE 1: You did not tell us what do You want Your robot to do.

NOTE 2: You would get more replies if Your sentences were constructed better (with more effort say).
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 02:27:29 AM »
no microcontroller use L293D
I'm not sure what You ask, but i will try to guess. Robot that billhowl linked You to does not use microcontroller. L293D is not uC - it is a motor driver, you either use that or use H-bridge consisting of at least 4 transistors.

single transistor used.
That won't happen  ;D

you can make H-bridge controller is smooth
Smooth H-bridge driving (or have You meant smooth motor control) requires PWM which in turn requires uC or something like 555 Timer in astable mode and a lot (and I mean A LOT) of hand tuning.

,but how do other
Sorry, do what now?  ;D

NOTE 1: You did not tell us what do You want Your robot to do.

NOTE 2: You would get more replies if Your sentences were constructed better (with more effort say).

I want to make a simple robot automatically. function to the left, right, up and down. avoid obstacles. using transistor. important not to use microcontrollers. help me  :'(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:30:27 AM by alaterlight »

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 02:40:49 AM »
I want to make a simple robot automatically. function to the left, right, up and down. avoid obstacles. using transistor. important not to use microcontrollers.
Makes much more sense now  ;)

I'll repeat myself: Robot that billhowl linked You to does not use microcontroller and does exactly what You want it to do - avoids obstacles.

help me
What help exactly do You need?
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Get Your Ad Here

data_list