Author Topic: BASCOM ATMEGA8 DESPERATE NEED OF HELP, DEADLINE 4 DAYS  (Read 2753 times)

Offline ThunduagaTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
BASCOM ATMEGA8 DESPERATE NEED OF HELP, DEADLINE 4 DAYS
« on: January 20, 2011, 09:13:37 PM »
OMFG I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. I have as USBASP programmer hooked up to a breadboard with my atmega8 and a speaker in the pin 14 PB0. my code is EXACTLY like this
and the breadboard is almost exactly like this and it SHOULD FRECKING WORK http://www.mcselec.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=221&Itemid=57
seriously, basic code works but this bascom crap wont frecking do anything. Im so frustrated and this project is due in 4 days. The dam speaker wont make a single noise PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. I cant get anything from bascom to work, nothing ever happens there must be some configuration or something. please please please help, like i said the code is exactly the same. 

Offline Conscripted

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 10
Re: BASCOM ATMEGA8 DESPERATE NEED OF HELP, DEADLINE 4 DAYS
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:33:17 PM »
Ok. So let's take a couple of deep breaths and count to ten. You are trying to make music with a speaker and the ATMEGA8. Can you tell us calmly what is working and what isn't? Can you successfully program the AVR? Are you getting any error messages anywhere along the line? How is your breadboard different then theirs?

Conscripted

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 09:52:13 PM »
thank you for the fast reply. My breadboard is exactly the same, except it has SCK MISO MOSI and RESET all wired to the corresponding pins in the ISP. I would give you more detail but i sent the whole breadboard to my friends house for testing. he got some simple sound to work using basic, but then tried to use bascom and it wont make any sound. there is no errors whatsoever, later when my friend is back online i may be able to provide pictures. other than connecting the ISP to the chip, absolutely nothing else is changed(actualy there is no resistor between the chip and the speaker). There is no sound coming out of the speaker, i tried to put an LED in the output chip and to ground and the LED does not light up. If you ask me nothing is coming out of the output pin. Keep in mind the code is exactly the same. I do not know if the AVR is being programed, nothing is telling me that its not being programed
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:02:57 PM by Thunduaga »

Offline nickc

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 01:59:58 PM »
You need a current limiting resistor between an LED and ground.  You said there is no resistor between the output pin and ground.
What's the theoretical current flow through the speaker to ground without a resistor?  Is it more than the chip can supply? If so, then this may be your problem.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 05:35:11 PM »
actualy i figured it out, it turns out there is a problem with the demo version of Bascom and the USBASP programmer. Someone made a patch and its on the Bascom website. I wish i knew this sooner, now i can get back to making my Digital Sound Maker. Thanks for the help though, the guy at SparkFun was so rude

Get Your Ad Here

data_list