go away spammer

Author Topic: How to calculate degree of freedom & centre of gravity of an exploration rover  (Read 5152 times)

Offline pratikTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
HI Friends ,
               i want to know the formula for calculating the degree of freedom & center of gravity of a rover....

Offline galannthegreat

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • Blue-Lensed Blue LEDs?! What?! Impossible!!
Can you give a more specific question, that is very vaigue.
Kurt

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Hi,

i want to know the formula for calculating the degree of freedom & center of gravity of a rover....
If you have a link like eg. an elbow, that will rotate(/bend) in one plane, it is 1 DOF. If it can rotate in another plane as well, it's 2 DOF and so on - no formula, just plain old counting.

The center of gravity can be found (for a 2D representation) by placing the ROVer with each wheel on a weight (or one wheel at one weight and the other wheels levelled to match in a pinch, if you are short of weighing equipment).
If you need a 3D representation, it gets a bit more complicated to find on the kitchen table.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
My CAD software tells me the center of mass for me . . .

As for DOF, its fairly useless knowledge for a mobile robot on a 3D plane in the real world.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list