Author Topic: Component Board?  (Read 1373 times)

Offline AethurTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Component Board?
« on: August 06, 2011, 05:29:33 PM »
Looks like I bought the wrong board for the 50$ robot huh? Or am I missing something?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103800#

Offline corrado33

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
Re: Component Board?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 05:49:44 PM »
Looks like I bought the wrong board for the 50$ robot huh? Or am I missing something?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103800#

No, it's not the same board as admin used but yes, you could use it.  You'd just REALLY have to understand where you're soldering everything.

Offline AethurTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 05:55:53 PM »
I can't seem to figure out how, as far as I can tell there are not enough unconnected holes to put in header pins.  Could you point me in the right direction here?
Thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it

Offline rbtying

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 31
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 08:44:14 PM »
You'll need to take a razor blade or some other sharp knife and cut the traces that are already there. Take advantage of the existing trace lines - power and ground for the servos should probably be on a line, with the signal pins' connections cut.

Offline corrado33

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 09:02:27 PM »
I'm not sure if he'll have to cut anything.  It looks like the traces resemble how a breadboard works.  You have large vertical buses for power, and the rest are horizontal connections for anything else.  A dip MCU would fit perfectly in there and give you plenty of room to solder other stuff. 

Hmmm, putting down headers would be interesting though.  It's possible, but interesting.