go away spammer

Author Topic: Ball Collector line follower robot  (Read 5059 times)

Offline KlitzieTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Ball Collector line follower robot
« on: August 26, 2007, 01:28:18 PM »
Just ask some help whats the best way in building a ping-pong ball collector robot. I have no idea what will be my
grabbing mechanism to be used in collecting those 15 balls. Any idea would be a big help to me...THX
A follow up question about my line follower I'm using a futaba S3003 hack servo motor, is there a way i can make it go a little faster without using the PWM(Pulse with Modulation)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:30:48 PM by Klitzie »

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
Re: Ball Collector line follower robot
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 03:47:44 PM »
little idea for the collector:

have on the front of your robot a simple tray with only 1 side that doesnt have a wall so that the open side is facing forwards and the tray is flush with the floor, have a laser emitter/detector circuit build into the bot so that when a ball enters the tray (because the robot has driven into the ball forcing the ball into the tray) it will tell a servo motor to flip the ball into a little basket on the top of the robots body.

thats what came to mind right away... might not be the best option your looking for though
United States Marine Corps
Infantry
Returns to society: 2014JAN11

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 06:56:58 AM »
this might give you some ideas
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=273.0

A follow up question about my line follower I'm using a futaba S3003 hack servo motor, is there a way i can make it go a little faster without using the PWM(Pulse with Modulation)
I dont really understand your question. A servo has a maximum rotation speed, and they are never really that fast. If you want your robot to go faster, use a larger diameter wheel. For example, a wheel twice the diameter will go twice as fast, given it has enough torque.

Or just get a DC motor with a motor driver . . .

Offline Rebelgium

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • It's called the future ... We like it here
    • orgcrime.net
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 08:05:43 AM »
As for the ball mechanism:
Two pins sticking out forward, that are very close to the ground and are about 2,5 cm from eachother.
drive your robot so the pins go along the two sides of the ball, and then elevate the two pins (also make sure the ball doesn't roll off, using another pin)...

Simple... I'm not sure if my explanation is clear enough. And I'm also not sure if this is the same system as dragon explained, because I didn't really understand his explanation  :-\ ;)

Using PWM won't make your servo go faster than if you would not use PWM...
If you want to make your robot faster without using other servo's, use bigger wheels. That's by far the simplest solution
To relax after some hard work on robotics: A very fun free online text based MMORPG
orgcrime.net

Get Your Ad Here