Author Topic: fixing co-axle helicopter  (Read 1493 times)

Offline vipulan12Topic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
fixing co-axle helicopter
« on: August 03, 2013, 11:18:15 AM »
hey , i am trying to fix my cheap toy helicopter , I am doing this by removing the main board and powering the motors directly since the remote controller broke,instead of wireless signals  i am turning the motors on by using long thin wires
the motors are running and seem to be creating lift but wont fly,the other thing that is damaged in the tail rotor's blades
it's motor still runs but doesnt generate as much life(one of the rotors blades are still attached)

the thing is the helicopter wont fly for some odd reason, it  originally runs on 3.7 volt lithium poly battery so i powered it using three AA batteries in series

in this setup the top rotor runs clockwise while the lower rotor runs counterclockwise to counter act the force
all of this is done where the blades pitch is pointing upward

the wires coming out of the helicopter may be the reasons since their weight could ground the copter but the wire are very thin
removing weight could help but what else can be done

Offline Hanzuki

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: fixing co-axle helicopter
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »
Depending on the size of the heli the weight or even the fact that you have it tethered could be the cause of your problems. AA batteries also don't have the same output as a typical lipo battery and are usually heavier.

It sounds like you have one of those shopping mall kiosk helis and they don't fly well to begin with. You also said you have only one tail blade attached? If it should have two blades then any vibration will affect flight as well as the loss of lift from only having a single blade.

Likely the best way to resolve your problem would be to modify the board to accept another controller of some type or replace the original.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list