Author Topic: DroneCell Project Ideas - Hacking Cleverness  (Read 1812 times)

Offline airman00Topic starter

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
DroneCell Project Ideas - Hacking Cleverness
« on: September 07, 2010, 10:05:21 AM »
Hello All,
I'm looking for ideas for some cool project I can make using the DroneCell. The idea is to make some interesting project, along with a tutorial, that has a high emphasis on hacking or cleverness. Mechanical interfacing would be a plus - like texting the DroneCell a secret code to open a door lock. Something Hackaday worthy or the like, to spread word about the DroneCell, as well as to provide people with an easy to follow tutorial on incorporating cellular into projects.

The DroneCell can call, text , and communicate via the web so those are the main functions available. There are secondary functions I can utilize too, like alarms and clock syncing.

So yeaap if you have any ideas or suggestions, please tell me! Additionally, if you have a project you'd like to create with the DroneCell, email me and if I like the idea enough I'll set you up with a free DroneCell and/or microcontroller.
My email address :  eric [aat] narobo [dott] com
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

Offline madsci1016

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 43
    • Personal Website
Re: DroneCell Project Ideas - Hacking Cleverness
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 11:20:28 AM »
I've wanted to do something like being able to text my car to remote start it, unlock doors/trunk, check fuel level, and remote shutoff / GPS position if it's stolen. Might give me an excuse to start playing with Android App development as well.

I'd love to be the showcase for your product, but I wouldn't feel comfortable excepting a free one. Only because i couldn't guarantee a completion date. Having a full time job (engineer for the navy) tends to delay my at-home project schedules. But i will start looking in to doing this and get back to you.

Get Your Ad Here