Author Topic: Micro Motors Help  (Read 1650 times)

Offline WillCTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Micro Motors Help
« on: October 28, 2008, 08:26:29 AM »
Hey there

straight off i'm a newbie at this sort of thing but i'm willing to learn  :) now i'm trying to design an autonomous micro robot that is 10mm x 10mm x 10mm (A centimetre cubed) now from my research the best kind of motor for this job is a smoovy 0308B or a smoovy 0515B with the appropriate gearheads, however the 0515B is a bit big for what i am trying to build and i was wondering if ayone can recommend a better motor that i haven't found yet?

see the robot is about 10/11grams but it has to carry an object that weighs 50grams which forces the torque required to go up by well quite a bit. The robot requires approximately a minimum torque of 4mNm and a maximum of 10.8mNm (exact values depends on the motor as this changed the weight of the robot due to sizes)

i suppose my question really is does anyone know of a company that make really small motors that give a very high torque output that could carry 60grams in total?

Offline hudbrog

• Helpful? 0
Re: Micro Motors Help
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 09:02:04 AM »
Hard to find good ones for that size. Actually, maybe you should think about using different kind of gear for this robot. I've seen one german company producing CO2 motors(with mass less than 1 gram inc. co2 supply, )... but that is a kind of solution only suitable for perverts.
Good ones for these sizes are solenoid-type actuators or piezo-actuators. First ones are easy to create/obtain, good linear motion, but power consumtion is too big for a gadget of that size (if you willing to go for minute-two of autonomous work). Piezas... well, whole different story. Pretty hard to obtain suitable one(and they cost a lot), but virtualy they don't use any power at all with pretty good torque and damn small mass...

Get Your Ad Here

data_list