go away spammer

Author Topic: Begginer battery help ($50 robot)  (Read 1308 times)

Offline gp426Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Begginer battery help ($50 robot)
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:00:53 PM »
The main question I have is whether this a battery that is good for the fifty dollar robot: http://www.all-battery.com/6v2000mahnimhsidebysiderxreceiverbatterypackswhitecconnector11106.aspx

I'm somewhat confused as to the meaning of mAh, even after reading the tutorial. Secondly, I realized in the $50 dollar tutorial Admin's battery has a white wire not shown in this products picture. Anything you guys have to say would be a major help. Thanks.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Begginer battery help ($50 robot)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 09:40:55 PM »
Hi,

The main question I have is whether this a battery that is good for the fifty dollar robot: http://www.all-battery.com/6v2000mahnimhsidebysiderxreceiverbatterypackswhitecconnector11106.aspx
Yes, as long as you pay attention to the voltage, as the controller won't handle more than 5V.

I'm somewhat confused as to the meaning of mAh, even after reading the tutorial.
mAh is a measure of the capacity of a battery.
Assuming for a minute that the world is perfect, your 2000 mAh (2Ah) will supply 2000 mA for 1 hour (mA x h = mAh), 1000 mA for 2 hours or 4000 mA for half an hour.

In real life it won't however, as the capacity measure is set to 5 times the 5 hour discharge current, so the 2000 mAh battery will give 400 mA for 5 hours.
Drawing more current will lower the usable capacity, so a 2000 mA draw may only last 45 minutes (or whatever) and with a lower current draw, the apparent capacity will be higher.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline gp426Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 11:07:54 PM »
Alright. Thanks for the help. Oh. And what about the third (white) wire that isn't present on that battery. Is that anything important/ worth knowing?

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 11:14:22 PM »
the white wire shown on many battery packs is a wire that when plugged into the some relievers will show the battery voltage. so in essence it is another voltage wire primarily used for voltage readings by the device being used etc.

they are not important for the functioning of the battery for what you have planned.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list