go away spammer

Author Topic: hii I need help ^_^  (Read 1968 times)

Offline ranoosh96Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
hii I need help ^_^
« on: February 01, 2012, 03:33:27 PM »
I need help understanding the mechanics of the legs of a spider robot

I'm building a spider robot, but I don't know how to design the mechanics.  Does anyone have any resources I can use for this type of robot?"

it like this روبوت عنكبوت.flv

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: hii I need help ^_^
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »
You have 8 pairs of servos (16 servos in total), where one pair consists of servo moving leg vertically attached to servo moving it (with the leg) horizontally. Like in the image bellow (ignore servo between red and blue and imagine that it is solid corner).

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 03:17:16 AM »
wow awesome thaaaaaaaaank you a lot

but I will  control this robot by my computer,  is that Incompatible with the programming system ... I mean , is this design allows to this robot to move right and left

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 03:35:02 AM »
Using 3 servos for each leg (like in the picture above) will make it much easier for Your spider to move sideways.

but I will  control this robot by my computer,  is that Incompatible with the programming system ... I mean , is this design allows to this robot to move right and left
What does "control by computer" have anything to do with "bot's mechanical design and ability to walk sideways";D Or did I not understand something?
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 04:36:56 AM »

[/quote]What does "control by computer" have anything to do with "bot's mechanical design and ability to walk sideways";D Or did I not understand something?
[/quote]

mmmm  I see this design allows to the robot to walk forward just .... right ??

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 05:58:04 AM »
Hi  :)

No need for personal messages as other people won't be able to see what we are talking about, hence it won't be much help for them. Let's keep everything open.

Design with 2 servos in one leg gives each leg 2 degrees of freedom, hence spider can walk forward and backward, steer left and right, and turn left and right (just like real spider).

Design with 3 servos in one leg gives each leg 3 degrees of freedom allowing Your bot to move sideways without turning (like crabs do).

Get Your Ad Here