Author Topic: what microcontrollers to be used?  (Read 1900 times)

Offline badri89Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
what microcontrollers to be used?
« on: December 18, 2009, 11:00:16 PM »
Hi i want to make a robot that identifies color, that is am going to use image processing on robots..but i want to know which microcontrollers are to be used for this..

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
Re: what microcontrollers to be used?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 11:29:12 PM »
Does it just have to identify color? If this is the case you could use http://www.societyofrobots.com/sensors_color.shtml instead of a camera which is quite complicated to use.
Please explain your task in a bit more detail.

If you are set on image processing, i recommend the Blackfin processor+camera unit and for the microcontroller, well...
Most microcontrollers will do but you have to be specific with your needs for us to select one.
Howdy

Offline badri89Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 12:13:51 AM »
ok got cleared....Let say my plan is to build an automated robot that can traverse a complex arena consisting of Bi-lane roads with obstacles. Computer control or on-board processing may be used to aid the robot. The robot should be equipped with on-board camera(wireless) for imaging, and should steer itself through the arena, avoiding the obstacles.

This means the robot got to transfer the video taken to the computer na? for this wireless transmission wat sort of wireless module to be used?and regarding microcontroller a simple 8 bit can be used here na?

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 12:22:17 AM »
Na? lol...
Well, if you just need a wireless camera... Then a wireless camera with a laptop at the receiving end would do fine.
The possibilities for this kind of thing are endless, for the laptop side of things, i would recommend Roborealm.
It is image processing software for a pc that allows you to take in sensor values from an external board and
output data for such things as motors or servos.

One idea springs to mind, an axon II+a laptop+Roborealm.
The axon II is mounted on the robot with the camera. The axon II is communicating with the pc via bluetooth or some other wireless format. The axon II acts are the bridge between the laptop and the sensors/actuators.
http://www.societyofrobots.com/axon2/ There is a package with axon II and roborealm for ~$180.
What is your price range?
Howdy

Offline gaurav.p

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Go robotics
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 12:57:00 AM »
na ...........well here in india people most often use na after every sentence....................... just a way of assuring that's it but it's indeed funny in writing :P 
Big Things Come In Small Packages!!!

Get Your Ad Here