Author Topic: Robot, creator, conveyor and sensor. KUKA simulation software  (Read 3072 times)

Offline bomigaro3Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Hi all.

I have palletizing. I want that creator create my detail. Than conveyor move my detail to vertical sensor. Than sensor stopped conveyor. Robot take detail and put it on palette. Creator create my detail again...
I find some information about communication between robot and conveyor components.

How does vertical sensor work? I want to stop the conveyor. Why "Wait input" does not work?

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: Robot, creator, conveyor and sensor. KUKA simulation software
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 06:31:49 AM »
  ;D Hello!
Your description and problem:
1>
I have palletizing. I want that creator create my detail. Than conveyor move my detail to vertical sensor. Than sensor stopped conveyor. Robot take detail and put it on palette. Creator create my detail again...
I find some information about communication between robot and conveyor components.

2>
How does vertical sensor work? I want to stop the conveyor. Why "Wait input" does not work?

#1 -  You would like the software simulator to simulate a conveyor that stops/starts on programmed command, then your robot takes the work off of the conveyor and puts on palette, correct?

#2 a> vertical sensor of the robot? b> stop conveyor - wait input contributes to control of conveyor.

If this is correct, then I would recommend this, for your work;
Since I am not familiar with your KUKA software, I will confine my response to a logical PLC format;
If the conveyor is short, and used only for this purpose (section) you could integrate the actions together
in one PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)  I will suggest using Hall effect sensors to sense the works
emplacement. When the work passes a determined point, the hall effect sensor sends a "1", or "hot"
signal to the PLC. The PLC then makes a decision to pick up the work, with the robot. A few motors are
needed, so a simple PLC will suffice. I would recommend using the Axon as your PLC. You have a lot of
features in the Axon. I have just learned how to make a Hex file; and it seems that, one of my first
programs should be, to use the Axon like a PLC.  If you decide to pursue this, I have included
a lot of info on my post in the misc section of this forum; Analyzing the Axon : Coding, Construction, and
Contraptions.
  I will check out your software, because you got me curious of its potential. Good Luck!!   ;) :) :D ;D

data_list