Electronics > Electronics

PC controlled curtains

<< < (2/3) > >>

Soeren:
Hi,

--- Quote from: youandih on November 24, 2012, 01:34:02 PM ---1) No, unfortunately I'm not familiar with soldering either.

--- End quote ---
Bummer!
I don't see it happening without soldering, but it's not that hard to learn.

--- Quote from: youandih on November 24, 2012, 01:34:02 PM ---2) The best speed I think is for the curtain to move up at 3 or 4 inches per second, so considering the gear sizes 1 rotation per second for the wheel connected to the string should do it.

--- End quote ---
You need a gearhead with an output speed of around 60 RMP then.

How much torque is needed?
You can meassure either with a luggage- or fishing scale, or by placing a container on the string that has to be pulled and add weight until it pulls it without hesitation - then weigh the container with whatever you added.
If this container weigh eg. 1.7 kg and the radius of the pulley will be say 1.2 cm, you need at least 1.7/1.2 kgf-cm of torque.

--- Quote from: youandih on November 24, 2012, 01:34:02 PM ---3) If you mean software programming, I'm not that skilled, but my father is, so he can help me with that, that shouldn't be a problem.

--- End quote ---
Good then.

youandih:
A little change of plans: im not going to connect the motor to the string but directly to the curtain axis itself (where the rope usually goes to)
The weight needed to pull it up is 2,2 kg, and the radius of the pulley where the rope is connected to is 2 cm.
(attachment is a quick paint illustration which should make thiings clearer)

Soeren:
Hi,

--- Quote from: youandih on December 01, 2012, 08:52:53 AM ---A little change of plans: im not going to connect the motor to the string but directly to the curtain axis itself (where the rope usually goes to)
The weight needed to pull it up is 2,2 kg, and the radius of the pulley where the rope is connected to is 2 cm.

--- End quote ---
You'll need a minimum of 4.4kgf-cm (61.1 ozf-in) then and something like this motor fits the bill.
This particular motor will give you a speed of around 6.75 cm per second max. (@6V/29mA) and if you want it slower, either use PWM or lower the voltage a bit.

youandih:
So I need the USB Relay Controller with 6-Channel I/O and the GM17 228:1 Gear Motor.
Are there any other things I need to have or know?

Soeren:
Hi,

--- Quote from: youandih on December 02, 2012, 05:59:08 AM ---So I need the USB Relay Controller with 6-Channel I/O and the GM17 228:1 Gear Motor.

--- End quote ---
You need either those, or some with the same functionality.

--- Quote from: youandih on December 02, 2012, 05:59:08 AM ---Are there any other things I need to have or know?

--- End quote ---
You need a 6V power source for the motor (the relays doesn't supply power).
Wire to connect the motor to the relay board - regular mains wire can be used, just don't connect to the mains!
Screwdriver, side cutters and whatever else tools you need to attach the motor as you want.

If you need help, when you have gotten the relay board, motor and 6V power source, just post the relay switch details :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version