go away spammer

Author Topic: Bluetooth Sensors  (Read 1947 times)

Offline amadcowTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Bluetooth Sensors
« on: June 05, 2009, 12:46:27 PM »
Does anyone know of any sensor nodes which support bluetooth?  The sensor type (temperature, IR, etc) isn't important at the moment, I'm mainly looking for any sensor node which has built in bluetooth support.

Offline jakx12

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 2
Re: Bluetooth Sensors
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 12:59:04 PM »
google?
Need help with an algorithm or a maths related problem? Ill be glad to help :)

Offline sonictj

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
    • Tim's Workshop
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 01:06:15 PM »
you could always set up a microcontroller with sensors then communicate with it via bluetooth.  Just get a bluesmirf from sparkfun and attach it to the uart of a avr/pic board.

Offline amadcowTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 01:30:10 PM »
Yes I thought about using an MCU and interfacing with BlueSMIRF via UART, but I feel there might already exist a native implementation for these sensor nodes. 

Right now, I've found BTNode which is basically what I'm looking for but their nodes have no built in sensor and the sensor board that attaches to the BTNode called BTSense was never produced.  I'm wondering if I'm searching the wrong way because I feel there may be a popular device that already exists that I've missed in my searches.

Offline jakx12

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 01:37:53 PM »
I think it would be easiest using a MCU and BlueSMIRTH just because when your talking and receiving information to and from the sensors it would be much easier to set up the communications links and will help with elegant coding.
Need help with an algorithm or a maths related problem? Ill be glad to help :)

Get Your Ad Here

data_list