Author Topic: need help with Eagle  (Read 1606 times)

Offline LargoLoboTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
need help with Eagle
« on: March 24, 2012, 11:34:18 AM »
Bought the Eagle Light, learned the basics, but have an issue with the IC packages in the Library that don't have the power and ground pins on the part. I find it very difficult to add a bypass cap to VCC or even get the VCC and GND connected to the chip in a schematic and impossible in the board layout. There is probably a simple explaination, but I can't find it. Help please.

Offline joe61

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 16
Re: need help with Eagle
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 12:32:36 PM »
Bought the Eagle Light, learned the basics, but have an issue with the IC packages in the Library that don't have the power and ground pins on the part. I find it very difficult to add a bypass cap to VCC or even get the VCC and GND connected to the chip in a schematic and impossible in the board layout. There is probably a simple explaination, but I can't find it. Help please.

It's hard to help when you don't say what part you need help with. I think you said in another thread you're using a PIC. If so you can get Eagle footprints from Microchip's web site. The Microchip parts are in some normalized format, and you'll have to download a manager program to translate them to Eagle part format. If you search for "Eagle part" on the Microchip site I'm pretty sure that will bring you to it.

Joe

Get Your Ad Here

data_list