go away spammer

Author Topic: [Need help] Rectangular Area Detection  (Read 1631 times)

Offline my2kTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
[Need help] Rectangular Area Detection
« on: November 28, 2012, 03:05:11 AM »
Hi all,

I am new in this forum and I wish to find help. 8)

I have a rectangular area and I am looking for a set of components (i.e Sensors ) to detected if the object inside this area or not.

The output of the circuit should be suitable for a programming language.

I want to connect and program the circuit to a basic stamp parallax training kit.

Any idea, please help! :-\

Thanks in advance.

My2k

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: [Need help] Rectangular Area Detection
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 05:00:44 AM »
Cleanest (but likely most difficult) way to go around this is to use computer vision. I am not sure if BASIC Stamp is able to handle something like that, also I don't know if You are allowed to use remote computer to do CV processing and send back results to BASIC Stamp. Another way to do it is to use something like IR Sharp sensor mounted on a servo constantly scanning given surface, this most definitely can be handled by BASIC Stamp, although we don't know what sort of setup You have to have (where You are allowed to place sensors for instance). The way I imagine it is shown in the image below.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: [Need help] Rectangular Area Detection
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 08:45:18 PM »
Hi,

I have a rectangular area and I am looking for a set of components (i.e Sensors ) to detected if the object inside this area or not.
How large an area?
Is the area void of any objects besides the one you want to detect?
What kind of object is it you want to detect?
Could the sensors be stationary, or is it for a vehicle of sorts?

The output of the circuit should be suitable for a programming language.

I want to connect and program the circuit to a basic stamp parallax training kit.
The programming language only care about 0's and 1's. The controller is what limits what you can use, but any sensor can be adapted to suit the 0..5V of a Stamp.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here

data_list