go away spammer

Author Topic: $50 robot-servo problem  (Read 1318 times)

Offline jeiselTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
$50 robot-servo problem
« on: March 14, 2011, 08:57:28 AM »
hi..
  i am constructing the $50 robot,the controller is done with the program uploaded to the IC, yesterday I tested my servos,calibrated the pots and it works.the servos gave a good output.but now when i tested it again..the servos are not working properly, the 1st servo do have only 1 angle..when i rotate the pot clockwise it stops.0degree & above.the 2nd servo have difficulties in rotating..
are my servos defective or any other reason why this happened??

what is PWM??

sorry I'm only a beginner in robotics..  :)

tnx 4 ur help..

Offline Conscripted

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 10
Re: $50 robot-servo problem
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 10:03:52 AM »
What happend yesterday when you uploaded the program? Was it the center servo file you uploaded? When you are modifying the servos you have to tell them to go to the center position. Once they are commanded to the center you adjust the POT until the servo stops moving. This is the center. Once centered and the servo is NOT moving you need to glue the POT in place. Be careful with the glue you don't want to get it on the gears.

What do you mean when you say that the first servo only does 1 angle. Can you be a little more specific about what is actually happening with your servos? The one with difficulty rotating may have glue on it's gears.

PWM is Pulse width modulation. PWM is the art of turning a pin on and off very quickly. It's used to control motor speed and to provide timing to the control circuitry inside of Servos. Google has an abundance of information on the subject.

Conscripted

Offline jeiselTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 07:23:40 AM »
thank you for your reply sir,,but i think the servos are damaged,,I bought new,and its working with what the tutorial says..
thanks sir,,much appreciated.. =))

Offline Conscripted

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 10
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:46:28 AM »
Glad to hear it. Post pics of your bot when it's finished.

Conscripted

Get Your Ad Here

data_list