go away spammer

Author Topic: Problem With interfacing betwen CMucam and Atmega 32  (Read 2904 times)

Offline kupterTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Problem With interfacing betwen CMucam and Atmega 32
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:38:24 AM »
first i want  to make robot whom can pick a tennis ball, this my design

my problem is I'm still confuse how to interface Micro and cmucam3(about handshaking betwen them and tranfer/ receive data)
    micro that i use  atmega 32

I hope there is people who can give me advice( sorry for my bad english)

Offline voyager2

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 6
    • Voyager Robotics
Re: Problem With interfacing betwen CMucam and Atmega 32
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 04:20:42 AM »
Before anyone can answer you question it would be a good idea to post your current code,pictures, etc. ;)
And Admin said "Let there be robots!"
And it was good.

Offline amando96

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 1
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 04:24:18 AM »
I really doubt that chip can process the video from that camera, I didn't do much searching on the subject, but the atmega 32 has even less memory than a 328 right?
If you really want to process data you'll need something more powerful, like an NXP used in the Mbed, And still, not sure if it's enough!
Rorcle, 60% complete
AATV, 5% complete

Offline chelmi

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
    • Current projects
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:03:43 AM »
I really doubt that chip can process the video from that camera, I didn't do much searching on the subject, but the atmega 32 has even less memory than a 328 right?
If you really want to process data you'll need something more powerful, like an NXP used in the Mbed, And still, not sure if it's enough!

The CMUCam already has a  NXP ARM processor attached to it for video processing.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 11:00:31 AM »
Before anyone can answer you question it would be a good idea to post your current code,pictures, etc. ;)

in this project I use camera with type CMucam3 to take picture and process it due my programe
atmega 32 i use to command cmucam when they start to process picture ,also atmega 32 I use to take signal control from remote ( rf remote control) ,control gripper,take data from infra red sensor,also control motor dc

My question how I interface Cmucam to atmega32 ( about transfer data and clock signal)?

As I know there pin in cmu serial and ttl.. but i still confuse how to use it
this data sheet cmucam3http://www.seattlerobotics.com/CMUcam3_datasheet.pdf

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 09:38:30 AM »
there anyone can help me....urgent!!

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 10:40:09 AM »
It's all in the datasheet that you posted. Look at p.7 and make a decision on how to communicate with it.
As long as we don't know how you wanna communicate with it, it's impossible to help and besides... You'll feel a lot better if you at least try to understand what you're doing.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 12:31:45 AM »
yes I know there way to connect with micro use Tl but I don't about Trans data or receive data, how micro know the trans  or receive data from cmucam?  and how cmucam know the receive or transmit data from micro?

Offline Bas_E

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 04:14:12 AM »
I am just a beginner myself, so I cant give you any „plug and play" answers.
What I think when reading you posts is that your talking about the software and not hardware part, right?

Everything is hooked up, but what then? Correct me if I am wrong but the communication between the components, that’s where the programming starts. That seems to be your problem?

Maybe this tutorial is a place to start? -> http://www.societyofrobots.com/microcontroller_uart_50_robot.shtml

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 10:37:18 AM »
I am just a beginner myself, so I cant give you any „plugga 32 and play" answers.
What I think when reading you posts is that your talking about the software and not hardware part, right?

Everything is hooked up, but what then? Correct me if I am wrong but the communication between the components, that’s where the programming starts. That seems to be your problem?

Maybe this tutorial is a place to start? -> http://www.societyofrobots.com/microcontroller_uart_50_robot.shtml

I already read this web... so i just connect Tx cmucam to Rx micro and Rx cmucam to Tx micro(ground to ground)...  how about baudrate? how about capacitor crytals I use( I use atmega 32 16Pu with max freq 16Mhz)

Get Your Ad Here

data_list