Author Topic: Computer vision and electro optics  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Ana_DigTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Computer vision and electro optics
« on: August 23, 2012, 03:12:15 PM »
I see in one booklet these sentences, there is no more information, my question is what are the electro optics and DSP that they maybe can do in this device? How this device work? I search after sites that can help me to understand the electro optic and the computer vision that are related or close to this device and what are the benefits that this method has to a stereo video that use 2 video cameras.
"Small affordable imaging device capable of extracting depth information together with a standard video of scenes by using different focal plane lenses.
Main inventive effect is a plenoptic imaging device for extracting depth information of a scene comprising a micro lens array, an imaging assembly and a DSP.
Each micro-lens lies on a "micro-lens array" and designed to have a different focal plane and to be directed towards the same field of view.
The images that that will be received through each of the lenses will be captured by the imaging assembly and will be processed in order to compute the distance towards objects at the scene or the relative distance between objects."   

Offline Billy

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 2
Re: Computer vision and electro optics
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 01:32:03 PM »
my question is what are the electro optics and DSP that they maybe can do in this device? How this device work?

Don't know where this came from but based on what I see:
The device has a single imaging device (camera), and a lens array (many lenses).
With one camera and many lenses, you need a way to switch lenses. The electro-optics would be the method of moving the lenses, or otherwise altering the light path so that the light hitting the camera passes through different lenses.

The DSP (digital signal processor) is the computer that reads the data from the camera electronics and uses math to find features in the scene.

If you are asking if we can tell you how to make it work, the answer is "no". But I might be willing to buy it from you for $10.

Get Your Ad Here