Author Topic: suggest a book for basics in microcontroller  (Read 2000 times)

Offline GEETHAKRISHNATopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
suggest a book for basics in microcontroller
« on: December 21, 2011, 02:38:13 AM »
HI
 I am new to the field of robotics. I am interested in making a line follower.i don t know anything about how to set up a breadboard and microcontroller and program it (ie i know c & c++ but i have no idea how to set up a microcontroller).
 Can you suggest some links and books which gives me a idea in making circuits,setting up the microcontroller and programming it.
 thank you in advance for seeing and replying it

Offline wecool44

• Helpful? 0
Re: suggest a book for basics in microcontroller
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »
I also wanted a book when I was beginning robotics, but eventually I learned to do it myself. However, you can find books on Arduino everywhere, and Paralaxx writes books on the BASIC stamp. But if you are on AVR, you will just have to teach yourself. Good luck!

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: suggest a book for basics in microcontroller
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:57:07 AM »
But if you are on AVR, you will just have to teach yourself. Good luck!
Well, NO. There are plenty tutorials on AVR topic.

$50 Robot with AVR ISP mkII 6 pin thread and STEP 3b: CONSTRUCT THE CONTROLLER of How to Build Your First Robot Tutorial should give You enough info on how to setup Your controller.

And then, follow links on help in programming thread to learn how to program Your AVR uC.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Get Your Ad Here

data_list