Author Topic: Best spray paint for IR (NIR) CCD Camera?  (Read 6672 times)

Offline Red-Rx7Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Best spray paint for IR (NIR) CCD Camera?
« on: September 18, 2007, 02:57:47 PM »
Hello,

I have been searching the internet without much luck. I was hoping someone here could provide some light (no-pun intended) on the question I have:

I would like the spray paint to show on an IR Camera image. What is the best Spray Paint color/type to use, for an optimal IR CCD (NIR) Camera picture?

Thanks!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Best spray paint for IR (NIR) CCD Camera?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 04:29:49 PM »
Do you mean optical reflectance or optical absorbance?

Ive used Titanium White paint in the past for reflecting/blocking infrared light. It shows up as a bright 'white' color in your camera image.

Offline Red-Rx7Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 10:25:30 PM »
Do you mean optical reflectance or optical absorbance?

Ive used Titanium White paint in the past for reflecting/blocking infrared light. It shows up as a bright 'white' color in your camera image.

In the scenario where I am using it, I am not sure which to use (reflection or absorbance).  Ultimately, I would want the image to clearly show from the video feed.  I guess what I need is dependant on the surface the paint is being applied too, for I would want to create a contrast for maximum reference?  Either way, I will give the Titanium White a shot.  Do you know which brand of paint you used for that?

Thanks.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 07:12:21 AM »
Absorbing will create a black color, reflecting will be white.

this is what I got:
http://www.aswexpress.com/art-supply/catalogs/0005100000000

(but from a different company)

I recommend looking around for something better. There are fake titanium white paints that look the same, but dont actually have titanium in it . . . I called the manufacturer to ask and they couldnt give me an answer . . . You want the highest % of titanium you can find.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list