Electronics > Electronics

24V to 12V

(1/2) > >>

airman00:
I have a lead battery charger whose output 24V @1.3A . To make the 24V into 12 V I just add two resistors in parallel ,rite?
Will that have any affect on the 1.3A? What values should the resistors be?

Soeren:

--- Quote from: airman00 on August 09, 2007, 04:56:48 PM ---I have a lead battery charger whose output 24V @1.3A . To make the 24V into 12 V I just add two resistors in parallel ,rite?

--- End quote ---

I rest my case!

airman00:
uchhh, just answer it!

if you wont answer ill just see what happens when i try to do it myself.
great soeren you really helped a lot.

airman00:
oops i feel kind of stupid now...

--- Quote from: airman00 on August 09, 2007, 04:56:48 PM ---To make the 24V into 12 V I just add two resistors in parallel ,rite?

--- End quote ---

I typed parallel instead of in series.  :-[ ::) :-[

Soeren:
Well, this was just ment as a comment to my advice about grabbing some books on the basics.

But your answer is "allright, then I'll go harm myself and blame you for not telling me how wrong I was"
Tsk tsk...

Follow my advice!
You can NOT get a complete education by asking questions in a public forum. Go read some books and follow some experiments in those books, then you'll learn, gradually, in a pace that makes it possible to get it to stick.

This question shows a total lack of understanding of Ohms Law and that is a non-escapeable need-to-know, so READ some BOOKS before you hurt yourself and tires everybody out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version