go away spammer

Author Topic: RC Trikes Microlights Ultralights Autogyros and Articulated Robot Pilot  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Mario I. ArguelloTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Hello everyone,

Let me intro myself. I am an Engineer, Designer and Artist.

For nearly 30 years, I have been an avid aviation enthusiast with diverse interests in various aircrafts.
Much of my understanding of Aviation and Aerodynamics has been through the process of design and testing
with countless, scale electric models mixed with real aircraft assembly and testing.

I started with miniature model RC helicopters and ultralights studying the mechanics and dynamics and through this understanding I actually designed a real man carrying helicopter which is still in construction stages, as time permits. I am in no hurry, as my goal is not to establish a world record with this project but to complete one that is safe and practical.

Much of the real work I do is with real flying models and I do use my formal engineering design and art training in all the products and projects I develop. Since it is related to real aircraft and robotics, thus reason I am here in this forum to share some of my work. Perhaps some people have seen my stuff, perhaps not and I do hope you guys are kind to allow me to share this work with you.

I am quite busy with regular work most of the time and the way I keep my sanity in check is to slightly deviate into fun areas and create some fun stuff. I also love reading stories of people that venture into the experimental stages.

I am sharing one of my latest developments in the videos below. I won't bore you with a lot of talk, this is already done on many of my You Tube videos as well as my web site. So here is my latest project in a nut shell.

I've been in love with Trikes, Microlights Ultralight just as much as I am with Helicopters. For many years I wanted a Realistic model of a Trike and I could not find one so I started designing my own, so I designed many forms of controlling the aircraft, I was not happy until recently. I wanted to control the RC trike with a more realistic form and the Robotic pilot I developed did the trick. The pilot I developed is based on a similar pilot I did back in the 80's and so new technology smaller lighter and powerful servos li-pol batteries and BL motors are helping a great deal make these things happen a lot easier than it was back in the day.

The pilot I developed took some thought process, to bring it to successfully operable function. It wouldn't look that difficult, after all if we start to think like a real human controls a real Trike, all we have to do is mimic it, correct?, but actually there was a little more to this process, as I started to test and try various robotic pilot configurations. At first only 2 servos on the torso was tried, the easy way then I found that that had limitations and so I began thinking and trying other geometrical setups and finally arrived at the sweet spot. Check out these videos... Hopefully I will post again soon as time permits. I am reachable via my site for comments questions. Thank you.

Gotta Dance!

Awesome !!!! Robotic Terninator Flies! MIA RC Trike

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
... I did another video where I explain the roots of my MIA RC Trike Microlight Robotic Pilot and to some of you more clever guys and really into robotics,  this may not be a big deal, but it is the only RC Microlight operated by a Robo pilot with real arm leg action, so far. I am certain this will not be the last, as I am already improving on the aesthetics to make the pilot more realistic than just a terminator like body.

here is another video and if you have the time check out my web site and other you tube videos. 

MIA RC Trikes Microlights Ultralights Part 2
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:25:13 PM by Mario I. Arguello »

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
let's try to add a photo it was not taking before...

Get Your Ad Here