Electronics > Electronics

Component pc board. HELP.

<< < (2/3) > >>

ed1380:
2.54 not 25.4  :P

The stuff I use is 1.5mm

nanob0t:

--- Quote from: JonHylands on April 18, 2007, 05:32:46 AM ---I guess you guys don't know how to use a calculator, or maybe you don't know how to convert between imperial and metric. Here's a hint, mm to inches is 25.4. If you can't remember, ask Google (like everything else)

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: NOOBinDistress on April 17, 2007, 02:58:43 PM ---Also what solder should I use in diameter because My radio shack does not go by gauge. I bought .62" diameter solder. Will that be good .

--- End quote ---

Well, I would highly highly doubt they would make .62'' solder.  Considering the markings " after the .62 would mean inches.  .62 of an inch would be more than half an inch.  I don't think I've ever seen any 1/2 an inch solder around.  I didn't imply he missed a 0.

We have a wide variety of people in these forums from around the globe.  I thought perhaps he had a different measurement, or maybe he could clear up a mistake.  Or perhaps solder generated a new meaning for the " symbol.  I know conversion between two measurements, I didn't drop out of middle school.  I'd rather ask before I give him an answer with a possibility of being wrong and messing his whole project up, although solder diameter is fairly irrelevant.

JonHylands:
Ahh, good point. I just assumed he missed a zero, because I know that Radio Shack sells solder in both 0.064" and 0.032".

And inches to mm is 25.4. Inches to cm is 2.54.

Sorry, I'm just cranky from the general mood of the forums lately...

- Jon

ed1380:
hey, my bad  ;)

NOOBinDistress:
You are right, I missed the zero it is .062 ( I missed the zero). Thanks for the help though. Do you think if I started in the corner  and cut the board out I could use the other part of the board for another project. I can start in the corner right? It wont effect anything, right? ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version