Software > Software

newbie programming/hardware help.

(1/2) > >>

natorweb:
Ok, this is a kinda odd question, but I hope you can help. i am going to make a rocket where instead of pressing a button to launch it, it has a 15 sec time delay. i have recently bought EPIC Plus PICmicro Programmer from Jameco magazine.

heres my question,

what would be the best microcontroller for this? also, what components would i need to make this all work? how would the code look? i do have a basic understanding on programming microcontrollers with the basic stamp and boe bot. but this will obviously use PIC microcontrollers. remember also it will use BASIC language. i really appreciate the help, thanks to all.

frank26080115:
oh come on

first, ANY microcontroller can do this, YOU need to decide what is YOUR limiting factor (cost, size limit, etc), and then TELL us about it. I can tell you to get a ARM7 processor and it'll still do the job.

second, you are asking us for code to delay 15 seconds before doing an action, just look in the damn help file of whatever language you are using, Basic Stamp and PICbasic both have a help file for this crap

please put some effort into researching first

don't get me started on the ambiguous capitalized title

natorweb:
the capital letters were actually an aciddent, but they looked cool so i kept them :). would this work for it PIC12C508A i have a very low budget. sorry for my noobish questions.

airman00:
dude you don't even need a microcontroller

555 timer and capacitors

natorweb:
i know about that too, but i wanted to mess around with my new programmer. besides, i heard capacitors  arnt reliable for timing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version