Yes I restarted my computer and even degraded my windows xp back to sp2. I think the problem started when I disconnected the power during programming. I read that with sp3 the programming could take 45 seconds. I didn't know it when I disconnected it, so the programmed data is probably corrupted. I guess I'm going to have to make myself a programmer for the ISP header. I didn't understand what is the point of removing the crystal for reprogramming
Here are the instructions for bricked Axon one:
1. Unsolder the silver-colored crystal and the two small capacitors right under it.
2. Apply a square wave to XTAL1 (say 125KHz, 250KHz, etc). Ground to ground.
3. Using a hardware programmer, change the fuse settings back to a 16MHz crystal.
4. Lastly, solder the crystal and caps back on.
I wonder if it's possible to unsolder\resolder the Axon II's crystal without damaging it, not to mention the capacitors. They are extremely small..