After looking back at the $50 tutorial since I first started a year ago, it looks like it could use some updating - re arranging of some things, an actual schematic, better parts list, etc etc.
So maybe we could work as a community to improve it?
Here are the things that could be improved IMO:
- LED in parts list may be manufactured backwards
- Default to using a mega168 or 328 at 8mhz (mega8 is outdated)
- Incorporate visual layout directly into page instead of linking to thread
- Schematic diagram for those up to the task of building from it
- Single power supply (a battery regulated to 5v should works with servos + electronics
- Option to buy continuous rotation servo (which are like $2 more than regular ones)
- Move servo modification until after electronics are complete
- Add power LED (after so many posts of "my led isnt turing on" and the typical response of "you need to program it first"
- Picture of a completed breadboard version