Hi there, looking for some hardware help.
Had constructed a little power supply break out board - battery -> 220uf electrolytic cap -> LM7805 -> 220uf electrolytic cap followed by some swiches to bridge the 5V output to some different circuits.
Got quite late last night and of course I plugged the battery in the wrong way ...
Saw smoke and pulled it out again, couldn't have been more than a few seconds. Went to bed ...
So, how likely is damage, what am I likely to have damaged, and how could I test the components?
If the LM7805 is outputting 5V can I assume it's ok?
Is there any way I can test the caps in circuit? Obviously I can test that current is flowing through them but how can I test they're actually doing their job?