New lower price for Axon II ($78) and Axon Mote ($58).
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
1) As the movement required is small, I am wondering what kind of motor is desirable here ? Is stepper motor the right one for this ? If not, what else can I use. Also, there seems to be few types of stepper motors out there.
2) what type of micro-controller can be used here ?I am looking for something with a very small form-factor here as I am dealing with milli-litres.
3) Regarding the container, I need this to close every time once required amount of liquid is pushed out (so that there is no seepage). Any suggestions on how to build or where to get such a thing ?
4) How exactly can I interface this container with the motor ? For pro-typing, I can use a syringe but it is not clear how to connect the motor to it.
5) What other electronic components would I need to get this started ?
Hi,Just dropping a link for now:http://www.harvardapparatus.com/wcsstore/ConsumerDirect/images/site/hai/techdocs/Pump%20Selection%20Guide.pdfThis file might be a good read for you.
I don't think you need to close it to prevent leaking. As long as the outlet hole is small enough it should just stay there. Might evaporate tho.Threaded rod to drive the syringe?You might also do something like a fuel injector, with a constant, regulated pressure behind a valve, which you open for a known amount of time.
Can threaded rod mechanism provide accuracy ? or does it depend on how fine grained threads are ?
I was also looking at ways to convert rotary motion to linear motion and came across "rack and pinion" - http://www.flying-pig.co.uk/mechanisms/pages/rackandpinion.html. Has anyone tried this ?
The rise (not sure it's the right word in English, the center distance between 2 consecutive "valleys")
Just a FYI Søren, the English word is 'pitch'.