Like SmAsH commented, this project would be quite difficult. But, if your really interested, here is a list of recommendations.
For starters, you will need a radio with many channels to cover all the functionality you would like to include with your robot.
- 2 (minimum) channels for the two main motors or servos used for driving around
- 5 channels for the robotic arm (assuming a 4 DOF (degree(s) of freedom), with 1 channel used for the servo controlling claw movement)
- 1 channel for the LED
- another X many channels for controlling lasers, airsoft gun, and wall climbing...
basically, your looking at a radio with a minimum of 8 channels.
Next comes the problem of how you are going to 'drive' your robot around. First of all, if you even want a chance at traveling at 13mph, your going to need to use a couple of DC motors, a gearbox, and an a couple ESC's (electronic speed controller, for use with your radio). That setup may get a little pricey, so you can always fall back on using a couple modified servos. A modded servo is basically like the DC motor, gearbox and ESC setup, except in a small neat package. The only drawback is that servos are relatively slow.
So you have a radio and a drive setup complete, now on to the 'extras' you want to add to your project. Lets begin with the 'folding claw' you wish to include. First of all, a claw capable of lifting 4kg's would require some Beefy servos, and a beefy battery: which will end up costing a fortune. Building your own may be a little over your head, so here are some links to places where you can purchase some...(or collect design ideas).
robotic arm kit:
If you decide to build your own arm, I strongly suggest looking at the following tutorial:
You can also just buy a 'claw'. This:
Please note that neither the kits or just the claw would be capable of supporting 4kg's.(only 100g actually...)
Now for the camera. Shop around or just e-bay for one. here one link:
Climbing up walls. This will be by far the most difficult challenge of all (no offense, but i doubt you will get anywhere close to wall climbing...) but again, here are some resources:
1. you can use a (brilliant) vacuum suction idea: http://hacknmod.com/hack/human-spider-climbs-up-walls-using-a-vacuum-cleaner/
2. electro-adhesion: http://www.hizook.com/blog/2009/08/06/electroadhesive-robot-climbers
4. "tornado in a cup", also a vacuum suction concept: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9737761-1.html
You can buy radios from here: http://www.towerhobbies.com/
or here: http://www.servocity.com/html/transmitters___radio_packages.html
Make sure you select a ground frequency crystal, i.e a 75Mhz crystal: any channel from 61-90. See here for more details: http://www.easyrc.com/radiosystems/radiosystems3.html
A good place to get cheap servos:
For the arm/claw:
How to modify a servo for continuous rotation (if you choose this method for driving):
Batteries (make sure you buy a charger as well):
LED's, just buy from e-bay.