1. Society of Robots is the only one I frequent
4. on and off for years, most of it in the last year or so. chemistry physics and maths got boring.
5. speciality, couple of ebay stores for large quantities of resistors/leds ect, anywhere that has what I need/want
6. Whatever I can afford
7. I spent practicaly £400 on a case with some tools, powersupply and a signal generator as it suits me to have a protable case with this stuff in. If I have the money and a need, Id spend it.
8. not a clue. don't pay attention. but more forums and groups appear. though that may have more to do with the growth in the internet.
10. bomb squad robots. its kind of a sadistic thing with what horrible job can I make a robot do now..
11. Im doing a degree in it, I work for a company in desgining prototypes and proof of concept systems, I do it as a hobby. errr, a lot? 50 hours plus?
12. probably. though I tend to get parts like that made up for me. cause Im lazy. or stick to plastic and balsawood, expanding foam(really cool stuff!) ect.
13. nothing, yet. market value if/when I need one.
14. couple of weeks ago