Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

robot wagon

(1/1)

ledrac:
I want to make an RC controlled wagon that could carry a cooler or maybe some bags of fertilizer. I can build the wagon and the steering assembly myself but my question is what motor would be the best for the job? The cheaper the better. I thought about using the set-up from a power wheels toy, has anyone tried making one of those RC? I added some pictures, using the current steering on the wagon what would steer under load better?  a geared method with an additional motor or a strong servo linked to the control arms?

sotu:
Well your wagon looks pretty heavy. I dont think you will get any cheap motors if you want it to drive fast. And with the extra weight of a cooler you have to have a really high voltage motor if ure thinking of useing that.
Maybe you'll get ideas on my page: www.tunliweb.no/sotu.htm

Admin:

--- Quote ---I want to make an RC controlled wagon that could carry a cooler or maybe some bags of fertilizer
--- End quote ---

Sounds like you are making a remote control bomb on wheels . . .

--- Quote ---I can build the wagon and the steering assembly myself but my question is what motor would be the best for the job?
--- End quote ---

Use this tutorial to calculate how much torque your motor needs:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/mechanics_dynamics.shtml

If you know the torque and rpm that you need, then choosing a motor should be much easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version