Here's a gem from the comments on DIYdrones; i knew some here would get a kick out of it:
Top 10 Improvements on the new Arduino:
10. Pin placements have been randomized. ".1 inch centers are for sissies" the team decided.
9. Replaced Serial communication with Baudot-code "This serial stuff is too modern" they said. "now we are compatible with Morkum brand teletype machines.
8. Moved the power pins to the Back side of the board. "having the power pins 3 inches from the other pins wasn't far enough; and a 4 wire expansion port is absurd, now people can make Arduino Sandwiches if they want to extend the framework."
7. Moved the reset button underneath the cpu. "It was just getting pressed all the time, especially with that Serial port thing."
6. Made the board bigger. SMD allows us to maximize the negative space, and we feel the new design needed more emptiness.
5. Convinced Freescale and others to drop step-though debugging. We felt we couldn't implement step-through on our Markum terminals, so we got the guys at Freescale hammered and convinced them Step-through was a waste of time.
4. Disconnected 2 more ADC pins, 6 was more than most people needed, and the 8 available on the SMD chip would just be confusing, so we decided to go with 4 ADC pins.
3. Moved to 7 volts. We just felt that the sensors and other components people were using with Arduino could benefit by extra voltage, and hey the Markums use 7 volts so why not?
2. Removed the last trace of line numbers in the IDE, and implemented more artist-friendly sonnets and sentences instead.
1. Put LEDS on every pin; the one on 13 wasn't enough. Don't you want to see what EVERY pin is doing?