Oh no... not the:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51
This is the worst thing that you may every experience with an Arduino.
This error can be one of a million different issues.
Here are some things to try:
1. Make sure you are using the the most recent version of the Arduino software. Even try completely deleting the arduino folder containing "arduino.exe" and re-downloading the software from the arduino website.
2. power on your board, have it plugged into your computer, with the arduino IDE open and the blink sketch (or anything really) ready. Press the reset button on the board and immediately press the upload button.
3. try plugging the usb cord into everysingle usb port you have avaiable on your computer.
4. go to "~/.arduino/preferences.txt" and make this change: "serial.debug_rate=9600"
5. bad firmware on the FTDI USb to serial chip
6. you might not have the arduino bootloader on your chip. In this case you will need a programmer to burn the proper bootloader. Here are some programmers: sparkfun programmer
, AVRISP mkII programmer
I'm really sorry but beyond that I really cant help you. That same problem has frustrated many a roboticist, Including me. I was lucky with two out of three boards...they just needed the arduino booloader re-burned on them, but for the one other one...I still haven't had any luck.
Just copy the error code, paste in google and you should get alot of results, try any solutions people come up with.