Propeller 2 Preliminary Feature List.http://www.parallax.com/Propeller2FeatureList/tabid/898/Default.aspx
* 32-bit, general purpose multi-core microcontroller
* 8 identical processors (cogs)
* Planned 128-pin SMT package(1)
* 160 MHz planned maximum clock speed(1)
* Internal RC: 20 kHz or 20 MHz (cannot use PLL)
* External oscillator: DC to 160 MHz (without PLL) or 10 MHz to 32 MHz (with PLL) for system clock speed of 160 MHz maximum(1)
* PLL modes: 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x input clock multiplier
* 4-stage pipeline
* Most instructions are single cycle
* 1.28 BIPS (160 MIPS x 8 cogs) maximum instruction execution rate(1); assumes that all cogs are running, their pipelines are always full, and only single-cycle instructions are being executed
* Main memory: 128 KB RAM(2) + 32 KB ROM planned
* Cog memory: 2 KB (512 longs) cog RAM
* Optional external 32-bit addressable SDRAM for run-time data workspace; code space is not extendable
* Non-volatile application and data storage via external SPI EEPROM or SD card
* Cogs can access Main Memory at each hub access window in units of 1 byte, 1 word, 1 long, or 4 contiguous quad-aligned longs.
* Hub access window arrives for each cog in a round-robin fashion every 8 cycles.
* Core voltage: 1.8 VDC
* I/O pin voltage: 1.8 VDC–3.3 VDC
* Current source or sink per I/O: 40 mA
* Total current draw @ 1.8 VDC Core, 3.3 VDC I/O, 25° C: TBD
* 92 I/O pins total: 84 fully general purpose I/O + 8 additional general purpose I/O available after boot-up
* Each I/O pin is planned(1) to have internal:
o Input ADC
o Output DAC
o True or inverted input/output
o Differential input/output
o Schmitt input
* 2 counter modules, each with 2 integrated waveform generators, per cog
* Hardware multiplier and divider
* Hardware CORDIC system
* Each cog has independent video generation hardware capable of VGA, Standard PAL/NTSC, and HD up to 1080p (at 30 Hz).
Code Protection and Encryption:
* Propeller application and data optionally encrypted in non-volatile storage
* Propeller 2 Spin and Propeller 2 Assembly
* Propeller 2 Assembly is not fully backwards compatible with Propeller 1 Assembly
* Some Propeller 1 Spin code may need to be ported to the Propeller 2
*And all I/Os can be used for SPI and I2C.
I also learned today that each cog can be used as a UART. So that is 8 UARTs
1.28 BIPS, All I can say is wow.