so i was thinking. it would be really neat if we all got together to make a robot platform that is both cheaper then the $50 robot and with enough features and code to make it useful to new people and developers.
here are some of the features such a project might want to focus on
- obstacle detection via IR or other solid state detection system
- low component count/easy component availability
- small size (between 2x2' and 4x4')
- ability to carry at least double it's weight in upgrades
- low tool count to build it
it could even be made into kit form which would allow it to be sold at a much cheaper cost then what the ordinary person would have to buy it for. we could all collaborate on it and make it a really good thing