Join us in Chat. Click link in menu bar to join. Unofficial chat day is every Friday night (US time).
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
1. Regarding the green board under the camera, well, when I ordered the camera it came without that board, and I know that it contains the switching regulator, in addition to some additional stuff, is it important to have? Shall I order it? And what is the scientific name or the market name for that board.
2. I read that there are pins related to ultrasonic rangers and laser rangers? Am I supposed to connect them, and the pins will trigger the sensors and get the response back?
3. I bought the Wi-Fi matchport as well so that i can send and receive the camera output and orders, and control my robot wirelessly, my question: do i need to only connect the camera to the matchport using Rx and Tx pins (UART) only.. Or do I need to connect other pins as well.
4. I wanted to check the operation of the camera without using the matchport to send the output to my computer, as in connecting the camera directly to the laptop, how can I achieve that exactly, will the RS232 be enough; by connecting it to the laptop from the camera and using the SRV1consule program?
5. Sorry for this long topic, but while I was going through the datasheet for the BF537 used in my camera, I learnt that is uses, SPI, UART and TWI (I2C) and I read in Wikipedia that they are incompatible with each other, so how do they work within the same processor?
RS232, USB, and TTL are entirely different communication protocols.Most computers today only offer USB, while the Blackfin works by TTL.