go_away

Author Topic: Hexa/quad/multi pod, leg forward/backward servo mount  (Read 1517 times)

Offline oliusTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Hexa/quad/multi pod, leg forward/backward servo mount
« on: April 07, 2011, 07:11:39 AM »
Let me ask you something, im building a hexapod and i seen almost all of the hexapod desingns got the servo what move the legs back/forward mounted on the leg, would it not be better if the servo is on the "main" hull, since then you dont need to actually move the weight of that servo, and the leg need to hold it anyways, so if you moveing up in a ramp, you would have mor torgue to cimb if im right

Offline rbtying

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 31
Re: Hexa/quad/multi pod, leg forward/backward servo mount
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 07:14:06 AM »
Most hexapod designs have two servos per leg - one to lift it, and another to move it forwards.  Thus there isn't really a way to avoid having a servo on the leg itself.  You're right, though - one of the two servos (usually the one that moves it forward/back) is mounted on the base frame, not the leg.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 07:46:35 AM »
i'll have 3 servos /leg so 2 must be on the leg for shure, just the tird one is strane, since all of the designs go it mounted to the leg, not to the frame, its like 10-30 gramms depend on the servo but still.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 08:26:26 AM »
also i haveing an idea, what if the servo whats turning the leg is not paralell to the ground, but rather 90 to the ground, what would makes the leg move more like an animal, i think i need stronger servos, but the movement sould be more realistic, any ideas about it?

Get Your Ad Here

data_list