go_away

Author Topic: Transmitting analog video and audio signals?  (Read 999 times)

Offline blackbeardTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
Transmitting analog video and audio signals?
« on: June 06, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
I know that an atmel328 is simply not powerful enough to process video signals however i have bought CCTV video transmitters so that i may transmit directly to my tv. These transmitters are however pretty expensive so i'd lke to know if there is an inexpensive way that i could accomplish this same task rather then buying $40 transmitter and receiver sets?
"sure, you can test your combat robot on kittens... But all your going to do is make kitten juice"

First step: Build androids with AI
Next step: Give them vaginas

Offline rbtying

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 31
Re: Transmitting analog video and audio signals?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 05:04:22 PM »
$40.00 sounds about right - most setups are actually more expensive than that.  You could try getting a set with multiple transmitters and only one receiver, which would be cheaper per robot (presumably you don't need to show video on more than one screen).

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:37:21 PM »
$40.00 sounds about right - most setups are actually more expensive than that.  You could try getting a set with multiple transmitters and only one receiver, which would be cheaper per robot (presumably you don't need to show video on more than one screen).

i'm more looking to reduce the size and have a circuit integrated integrated into my project. would something like this work with the appropriate receiver?

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8946
"sure, you can test your combat robot on kittens... But all your going to do is make kitten juice"

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 98
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 08:19:18 PM »
no

Offline billhowl

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 32
  • Your success is in your hands.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 04:35:33 AM »
http://hackingelectronics.blogspot.com/2011/06/acquiring-images-from-analog-camera.html
Take a look on this, you may be able to send your video using that sparkfun transmitters if you don't mind the speed.

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 05:00:32 AM »
no

care to elaborate? :P

http://hackingelectronics.blogspot.com/2011/06/acquiring-images-from-analog-camera.html
Take a look on this, you may be able to send your video using that sparkfun transmitters if you don't mind the speed.

just saw that on HAD :P it might be worth looking into.

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 98
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:08:26 AM »
no

care to elaborate? :P

The OP implies that he has a a video camera that outputs an analog signal, either NTSC or PAL.
i have bought CCTV video transmitters so that i may transmit directly to my tv
This requires several MHz of Analog bandwidth and the Transmitter/Receiver needs to modulate/demodulate this analog signal. The SparkFun transmitter he linked to is for digital signals up to 4800Hz.
The only way to use that transmitter is to digitize and capture a video frame then send that frame over the RF link. This requires additional circuits, would be very slow and maybe get a frame every few seconds.

Get Your Ad Here